Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The weak servant

"For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it."
I Corinthians 9:19-23 (NASB)

Serving people is a very hard proposition to teach people to do. We feel we do not have the time to help someone, or we tell ourselves we lack the abilities to truly help someone, in their time of circumstances or need. Paul was by no means a perfect man. He lacked many things in his life, but he almost never backed down from the path God placed in front of him.

We are striving everyday to reexamine our lives, and find ways that we can better serve our community and the people around us. Sometimes we feel that our abilities, talents, hearts and faith is not adequate to serve the people of Costa Rica, but God continues to give us strength and guidance even when we feel completely worthless. 


No comments: