Monday, November 1, 2010

A New Path: Returning to the USA

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. –Psalms 23


Dear Supporters,

  November marks the start of a new path for us. As we have mentioned in the last newsletter and our blog, Missions Costa Rica has been struggling financially the last few months. We have been praying and searching God’s word to find God’s will for our lives and for Missions Costa Rica.

   We can no longer support ourselves here in Costa Rica and will be coming back to the United States on November 3rd. We feel that God is currently closing the door for us here in Costa Rica, and that He has something else planned for us that He will show us in His perfect timing. This has been a very hard decision, and one that we feel we could have never made without God making it clear to us that we can not stay.


hiking at volcano Poas, Costa Rica

   We will surely miss our home and life here in Costa Rica, and the people we have ministered to will always share a special place in our hearts. We will remember them in the memories we shared and in our prayers.

  We ask that in this time of change for us that you keep us in your prayers, as we adjust to culture shock and the other things that come with moving back to the United States from abroad. We will be staying, for the next few weeks, around Columbus, Ohio with our families till we get our bearings again.

 We are scared about the future, but we know that God will guide us and protect us, and only with Him will we find true happiness.

  This has been a time of sadness for us, but also a time of joy. Our feeding program we have started will be able to continue. Thanks to our brother and sister in Christ (Fabricio and Hazel Solanos) our feeding program for the homeless of San Jose will continue. Fabricio was the one that originally felt the conviction and calling to start this ministry, and we are very proud and happy to give them the full reigns of this ministry.


Fabricio (in sunglasses) ministering to homeless


   We hope that you will pray about continuing to financially support the feeding program, so that Missions Costa Rica can continue long into the future, offering a loving hand, giving a hot plate of food, and sharing the Gospel of Christ with those who are in desperate need of the hope and love that He offers them.

  If you are still interested in continuing to support Missions Costa Rica, all funds will be collected and used for this ministry alone. God has different plans for Summer and I, but if your heart has been led to help this ministry we hope that you will continue to be involved in it!

  Please remember to pray for all missionaries as many like ourselves have had to return due to hard financial time within individuals as well as church communities!

  Thank you all again for your love, prayers and support during this difficult time. We have been so blessed to have so many wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ!

-Luke

2 comments:

Tom Hypes said...

Sad and thrilled all at the same time..... Touch base when your home... I'd love to actually get to meet you guys..... Blessings! Pastor Tom

Mercedes said...

I know that God has his hands on you guys. Remember that their is a lot of work to be done here in the US also. I know you will be leaving a part of your hearts behind, but have faith. God will get you through all this. If you come to Houston & need a place to stay, we would love to have you.

Shannon